A peek at what’s in our diaper bag.
The bag itself is the gorgeous “Brielle Backpack” from Austin Fowler (gifted). What initially caught my eye was the bag’s gorgeous shade of blue. It’s a backpack which makes it super easy to carry even with the fullest hands. Inside the backpack, there are several different pockets and zippered pouches to help organize everything. While it holds a ton, it is still small enough to fit nicely underneath the stroller. The code LAURAYOUNG will get you 15% off sitewide.
Must-Haves for the Diaper Bag
- Diapers and Wipes: We have been using Coterie diapers since Benny arrived. He has had zero diaper rash, not even any redness. They are hypoallergenic and made from clean ingredients. You can click here for a $10 off coupon. We do the monthly subscription and are finding there are more than enough diapers in each shipment to last us.
- Portable Changing Pad
- Portable Bottle Warmer and Formula Dispenser: Our friends raved about Baby’s Brew, and we love it, too. Once charged, the battery keeps power for many hours and allows you to warm a bottle quickly when you’re on-the-go. It’s pricy, but 100% worth every penny.
- Burp Clothes: These are our favorite!
- Change of Clothes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Snacks for Mom: I usually keep Chomp’s Turkey Jerkey and protein bars in the diaper bag. My current favorite are these MamaBars and Boobie Milk Bars.
- Elvie Hands-Free Breast Pump: We had a rough start with breastfeeding. As of Week 7, I began exclusively pumping so we could maintain Benny’s combination diet. As many of you know, pumping on-the-go requires a lot of extra effort. I was beyond lucky to have my friend give me the Elvie. It is pricy, but if you are going to be pumping every 2-3 hours, I highly suggest considering this as an additional pump. I find myself more willing to leave the house as I have one less worry. I can pump literally anywhere- even while driving. There is a definite learning curve when it comes to using it, but once you figure it out, it’s truly a game changer.